General life hacks
Mold your life so that the path of least resistance is the path of maximum productivity -Matt Might
Recognize the default actions in your life, and find ways to change those defaults
Spend the first 30 minutes of your day on what you want to accomplish the most
Use 'bright lines' to avoid ambiguities that keep you doing things you don't want. "I don't do X. I only drink Y twice a week."
- Learn your editor inside out
- Use the best tools you can for your development machine. Waiting for compiles suck time and money.
- Assistants generally excel at maintaining systems, not creating them. *You*
- Have a documented process. Questions mean the process isn't documented well enough.
- Set 3 important tasks for the day, every day. Guard your time so that these three things always get done
- Identify problem spots first.
Ivy Lee Method
- Each night before you go to bed, write down the 6 most important tasks for the next day.
- Order by importance.
- Do the tasks by importance.